Computer Connection is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill the role of a Computer Repair Sales Technician. This position will require the candidate to have knowledge of computer components and software. This is a great opportunity for someone that enjoys getting deep into challenging work with a lot of variety that makes the work day fly by. There is also the potential to train and certify on a wide variety of IT technologies. Come learn and grow with us!
Responsibilities will include:
- Deal directly with customers either by telephone, electronically or face to face
- Working knowledge of computer hardware systems, including circuit boards, memory modules and processors.
- Review customers complaint to determine details of equipment problems
- Conduct diagnosis of problems according to a customer complaint
- Advise customer concerning equipment operation, maintenance, or requests approval for advanced repair
- Repair laptop or desktop units according to requirements
- Reassemble machines after making repairs or replacing parts
- Analyze equipment performance assess equipment functioning
- Clean, or adjust mechanical parts to maintain machines’ operating efficiency and to prevent breakdowns or repeat return for repair
- Complete repair tickets
- Install and configures new equipment, including operating software, office applications or peripheral equipment as required
- Maintain repair parts inventories and places order for any additional parts needed for repairs
- Reinstall software programs or adjust settings on existing software to fix machine malfunctions
- Organize workflow to meet customer timeframes
- Compare findings with the customer’s reported problem and advises customer of failures found
Education and Experience:
- Help Desk: 1-2 year(s) (Required)
- Hardware and Software troubleshooting: 2-3 year(s) (Required)
- Office 365: 1-2 year(s) (Required)
- English (Required)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Windows: 1-2 year(s) (Required)
- Virtualization and virtualized environments: 1 year (Preferred)
- Interpersonal skills
- Listening and communication verbal written skills
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to troubleshoot, solve hardware and software issues
- Data Collection
- Customer service orientation
- Stress tolerance
- Ability to work well under limited supervision
If you feel you could be a good fit for our company, we look forward to hearing from you!
Please submit resume to:
Computer Connections of WI., Inc.
Attn: David Bangert
2670F E. Main St.
Reedsburg, Wisconsin 53959